Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tute 7

Continuing on with CASE tools today. We're finishing up the remaining activities from the previous tute, which is pretty good. I have done some UML work previously, and it's something that takes a bit of practice to learn I think.

It will certainly be helpful for the assignment, to get a bit of practice doing diagrams. The assignment is one of those ones that seems to get bigger each time I look at it. The questions look simple enough, but the more I learn about this subject, the more I realise how much there is to cover.

And it's all good stuff, I'm actually quite into the subject, if only the lectures were a bit better at Clayton, but the online ones are ok.


Visual paradigm was a pretty good tool for developing UML diagrams. It wasn't quite as intuitive as I would have liked, but i think that with a bit more time and practice I would learn how to work within the program and get exactly ehat I wanted out of it.

2 comments:

Peter O'Donnell said...

Yeh it will look bigger each time, until you finish it and then it won't seem so big. Analysis is like that - the more you do, the more you discover could be done, but one of the things you do as an analyst is cut down the scope and make decisions about what's in and what's out of the system. Feels uncomfortable while you are part way through, esp. for the first time, but you'll make it, and get the hang of it.

POD

Emma said...

damn. i can't leave anonymous comments saying "aaron sucks balls"

rats.